Lee Anne Gruner
Freelance translator ▪ Audiovisual translator ▪ Subtitling ▪QC, revision ▪ English - German ▪ Spanish - German ▪Media, marketing
I am an English/German/Spanish translator, proofreader and posteditor with an extensive background in literature and English. I previously worked as an English instructor for a wide range of professionals, including lawyers, engineers, actors and scriptwriters, giving me a wide perspective in my formal translation skills. I also love reading and writing poetry.
I've had the amazing opportunity to collaborate with several international companies, diversifying my areas of expertise from marketing and product descriptions to contracts, web pages, and mobile apps.
Also, I am super interested in yoga, poetry and animal rights.
Translator Dec 2016 - Present (5 years 6 months) Madrid, Spain
- Postedit machine-translated (Language Cloud) Spanish public TV news articles published online.
Professional English Instructor September 2014 - February 2017 (2 years 6 months) VMadrid, Spain
- Gave English as a Second Language classes to professionals: Acciona, Santiago Mediano, Cuatrecasas, Territorio Creativo and Ecoalf.
- Exam preparation for the Cambridge Exams (FCE, CAE, CPE, etc.) and the IELTS.
Creative writer November 2009 - September 2010 (11 months) Athens / Georgia / Costa Rica
- Instructed one section of Intro to Creative Writing with The University of Georgia’s Maymester in Costa Rica program.
- Lead in-class discussions of Latin American magical realist novels, short stories, prose poems and essays. Teaching the genres of Latin American fantasy and magical realism.
- Certificate in University Teaching Skills
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- The Wardrobe’s Best Dressed: "Extremadura"
Lee is an incredibly dedicated translator who places a strong emphasis on quality. She has an eye for detail and will make sure targets are reached. Her strong language skills mean she is able to detect the tone of a piece of writing and maintain it clearly in the target text. She is a positive team member who is always available to lend a hand and never lets the client or her colleagues down.
Lee Anne has been correcting and proof-reading some of the work I have done for the European Institute for Gender Equality.
Apart from her linguistic skills her accuracy should be mentioned. She is creative and innovative and manages to take into the account the "culture" and the subjects we are working on or into. She gets easily adjusted to the changes; manages to get the tight deadlines...